The Magicians came back this month! It’s one of those shows that I was maybe a little worried wouldn’t be as good after one of the main characters left last season, but tbh the first episode of season five was fantastic, and I was super engaged within the first few minutes. Each new episode makes me realize how slept on this show is—more people need to watch it!
This cover of “Love on the Brain” (you’re welcome) →
Books I Read
Um… I finished two books last month 🤦♀️
See my 2020 reading goal post for more info!
- Book Blog Discussion Challenge: 0 posts this month & 0 posts total → 0% complete
- PopSugar Reading Challenge: 2 tasks this month & 2 tasks total → 4% complete
- A book written by an author in their 20s: Layoverland
- A book by an author who has written more than 20 books: The Magnolia Sisters
- Read Harder Challenge: 1 task this month & 1 task total → 4% complete
- Read a romance starring a single parent: The Magnolia Sisters
- #StartOnYourShelfathon: 0 books read this month & 0 books total → 0% complete
- Year of Asian Reading Challenge: 0 books read this month & 0 books total → 0% complete
Stuff I Added to My Queue
Oona Out of Order promises time travel and hecka good reviews. 👌
Me, trying to not be so hetero with my romances = adding Something to Talk About to my tbr.
Jen @ Pop! Goes the Reader posted her 100 most anticipated young adult releases from January to June of this year, and I added two books about a friend breakup—We Used to Be Friends and When You Were Everything—as well as two young adult contemporary romances—Late to the Party and Yes No Maybe So.
- Kate @ Your Tita Kate posted the books that defined her 2010s
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books explained why she will and won’t read a blog
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds gave book recs for Star Wars characters and made some 2020 goals
- How is Alessia Cara so freaking talented?? omg 😍
- I love improv and I love freestyle, so I definitely loved this song from Freestyle Love Supreme
What were YOU up to in January? Let me know!